SOME INTERESTING FACTS
Amka Village got its name because of a Mango tree. Mango in Hindi means a fruit called Aam. Amka is not the only village which derives its name from a tree. There are other villages also, which have names based on various trees. Following are a few examples:-
- Neemka (Pin Code: 203155) is a villages in Jewar Block of Gautam Budh Nagar, It gets its name from Neem (Azadirachta Indica) tree.
- There is another Neemka in Faridabad of Haryana. Its Pin Code is 121004
- Peepalka (Pin Code:201310) is a village in Dankaur Block of Gautam Budh Nagar. It drives it s name from the Peepal (Ficus religiosa) tree.
- Badka 301021 is a village in Kathumar Tehsil of Alwar District, Rajasthan. It gets its name from the Tree Bad (Banyan)
- There is a Nangla Sheesham (Pin Code : 204213) village in Baldeo Block of Mathura District. It got its name from Sheesham (Dalbergia Sissoo) tree.
- There is an Amla Tehsil (Pin Code 460551) in Betul District of Madhya Pradesh. It derives its name from Amla (Phyllanthus Emblica) Tree.
- There is a village called Imli Ka Pur (Pin Code 283113) in Bah Block of Agra District.
- Village Deodar in Banaskantha District of Gujarat Pin 385330
IN INDIA, THERE ARE MANY VILLAGES BY THE NAME AMKA
Amka (Pin Code 203207) in Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh is not the only village by this name i.e. Amka. There are four more villages by this name in India. They are:
- Amka (Pin Code 497449) is in Khadgawana Tehsil of Koriya District, Chhattisgarh.
- Amka (Pin Code 301027) is in Thanagazi Tehsil of District Alwar in Rajasthan.
- Amka (Pin Code 224229) is in Milkipur Tehsil of Faizabad.
- Amka (Pin Code 121104) is located in Punahana Tehsil of Mewat District in Haryana.
In addition, there is an Amka Area 236 KM north of Delhi in Haryana. Amka area covers towns such as Surajpur, Pinjaur, Chandikotla, Tanda Burj, Tanda.