Here we talk about the brave personality of Col. Sangram Singh Bhati. It may take a long time to fill this loss but we are proud of our brave commando and his personality. His stories will be immortal and keep aspiring the young blood of this country for ages.
- Col. Sangram Singh Bhati was the former CO of 10 PARA SF. 10 PARA SF is also known as Mustaffa of Desert Warfare. They are very special, they are just 4500 selected men out of 1.25 million Indian Army personnel. There is no direct recruitment for any of 10 PARA Special Forces battalions. 90% of the candidates who volunteer for Special Forces fail during probation. And those who finally join the SF units are `Men apart, every man an emperor.
- Col. Sangram Singh was the highest order of the commando class of soldiers. He was posted at Officers Training Academy, Chennai as an instructor. Cadets trained under him must be proud to get a chance to learn from someone like Col. Sangram Singh. Just by looking at his uniform defence aspirants get the goose bumps.
- He was one of the most decorated Special Forces Commando. You can clearly see the badges and decorations on his uniform which speaks volumes about his achievements.
- While serving in 10 PARA SF, he led the Operation and entered the POK. He crossed the LoC. He stayed there for four days and eliminated the terrorist camp of Lashkar. Many known soldiers like Major Gaurav Arya, Major Poonia and Col Rajvardhan Singh Rathor have expressed condolences over the demise of Col. Sangram Singh Bhati.
- The pictures of Col. Sangram Singh Bhati inspired thousands of Defence aspirants which itself a big achievement. He will always be a known face among the defence aspirants.
He was awarded Shourya Chakra for his bravery on 16th March 1999 while he was serving as Major in the Army